DangeR - MS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
DangeR - MS

Where the Danger begins.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Savageheal's Application (Copied from ex-forum, with new info)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Savageheal
Noob
Noob

Savageheal's Application (Copied from ex-forum, with new info) Empty
PostSubject: Savageheal's Application (Copied from ex-forum, with new info)   Savageheal's Application (Copied from ex-forum, with new info) Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2008 11:14 am

Yes, I copied it from the old forum so that new developers and members can read it. I've also updated about the "Experience thing" as I've gotten new experiences from making my own server (for the fun of it), and would like to share it with everyone (my experience).

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi everyone, I'm savageheal. I, like you guys, is a fan of maplestory and I've been playing it for 2 years. I'm here to give it a shot into becoming a GameMaster in Dangerms as Dershil encouraged me to xD. Lets start the ball rolling...

Name: Fabian, yep.

Character Name: [In-Game Character Name(s)]

Yes, I'm currently 13 since Feb 22 08. I might young and all, but I not like some annonying immature kid you see in gms. (FYI, I was a player of MSEA, I came from singapore)

Timezone:
GMT +8. Singapore's timing.

What times are you online:
GMT +8 Morning -> 5.00am to 12pm
GMT +8 Night -> 8.00pm to 12am
I rarely play on afternoons. But I still play xD

GM Experience:
Personally, I admit I DO NOT have any GM experience in any private server before. I sincerely hope that DangerMS would be first. I wish that this does not affect my chances, but then I know, experiences help alot though.

Okay, after writing this application, me and my friend have decided to experiments on private servers (actually me only). I've decided to call it -Personal Maplestory- as only me and my friend play it when we're bored. This is my experience.

Day 1:
My friend, Dave, have suggested to me to make a private server. I've agreed. He gave me some tips and forum guides for me to look on. I started planning everything today...

Day 2:
I started making the server. Got struck at the java downloads, as I didn't know what to do. After several hours of -trialanderror-, I edited the database in the MySQL query program. Everything was fine, but I got the error that prevented me to start the game. (that unknown error thing)

Day 3:
The error, was still there, but couldn't work at all. I sweared, I was struck at it for a whole day from day 2 to day 3. I felt like giving up, but Dave encouraged me. So, I didn't give the hell up, edited the java over and over. And finally, somehow, it worked. But, Another error happened -.-. I d/ced all the time when I logged in.

Day 4:
Same thing happens. Dave solved my error by helping me find out what caused my error, so I did what was instructed, and it worked. I couldn't make accounts, however. And suddenly, I realised, I was a GM. A gm unbounded by anything.

When I mean unbounded, I mean unrestricted. I tried all commands, and gained the knowledge of the GM commands. I summoned everything. I scrolled everything.
Simply to say, I could do anything as a GM, and also abuse its ultimate powers.

After some days, I killed the server when I tried logging.

Conclusion:
I've realised, making a private server by scratch is NOT EASY. It's hard, but with sheer determination and some encouragement, you can get the job done. I've also gained experience on the powers of the GM, and yes, IT CAN BE ABUSIVE to the human nature. I understand this, I've experienced this both first hand and second hand. Although the GM should make sure the forumers are happy and can enjoy the game at all times, we also must not be biased and give unfair disadvantages to other players (but it can be great sometimes, if you're the person the gm's helping secretly =x).

So, now, I've both experience in MAKING a odin-sourced server and GM commands, unlike before when I first posted this.

What does being a GM mean to me:
To me, I have been on to some of the major private servers. OdinMS was my first, and Arber was my second. To me, being a gm isnt just about banning ppl all day long, but instead help people enjoy the game more. Gamers deserve to enjoy the game to the fullest extend, but however whenever cases of -hacks- or -bugs- happen, GMs tend to come in.

What will I do if I become a GM:
As stated in the last post, I will ban hackers and of course, organise various events out there in the game. If possible, Everybody would be able to contact me by wispering me. As long it's possible for me to answer you (and your questions valid), I will answer you and help you. Or simply, add my msn.

Why did I choose dangerms?
I choose dangerms as I believe it has the potential to be one of the greatest serves out there. As I was in ArberMS before, I know how horrible lag can feel and how NX can totally ruin the community. Fame and rank isn't everything, but it's the potential to be the greatest server. I also believe that Dershil, our developer, is able to bring this community up in the best way possible.

Why We Should Pick You?
This is a hard question, yes. Why should the community pick me? People choose leaders because they believe that the people they elected can lead them and bring the community for good. I'll be willing to do my best if the community chooses me. But then, this isn't for me to decide. Haha.

No matter what the outcome might be, I'll still respect Dershil's decision and at the same time, I thank him for introducing such a great server to me!

Yours sincerely,
Savageheal.
Back to top Go down
CKL
Admin
Admin
CKL

Character
Weapon: BANHAMMER
Health Points:
Savageheal's Application (Copied from ex-forum, with new info) Left_bar_bleue25700/25700Savageheal's Application (Copied from ex-forum, with new info) Empty_bar_bleue  (25700/25700)
Experience:
Savageheal's Application (Copied from ex-forum, with new info) Left_bar_bleue63750/63750Savageheal's Application (Copied from ex-forum, with new info) Empty_bar_bleue  (63750/63750)

PostSubject: Re: Savageheal's Application (Copied from ex-forum, with new info)   Savageheal's Application (Copied from ex-forum, with new info) Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2008 4:25 pm

tl;dr.
summary in 3 words please. I love you
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.dangerms.com
Oni
Admin
Admin

Character
Weapon: BANHAMMER
Health Points:
Savageheal's Application (Copied from ex-forum, with new info) Left_bar_bleue93800/93800Savageheal's Application (Copied from ex-forum, with new info) Empty_bar_bleue  (93800/93800)
Experience:
Savageheal's Application (Copied from ex-forum, with new info) Left_bar_bleue109310/109310Savageheal's Application (Copied from ex-forum, with new info) Empty_bar_bleue  (109310/109310)

PostSubject: Re: Savageheal's Application (Copied from ex-forum, with new info)   Savageheal's Application (Copied from ex-forum, with new info) Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2008 5:25 pm

I really like your application , GM's from other Timezones is perfect Smile

I hope Dershil hopes the same and all the players.
Back to top Go down
https://dangerms.darkbb.com/index.htm
Savageheal
Noob
Noob

PostSubject: Re: Savageheal's Application (Copied from ex-forum, with new info)   Savageheal's Application (Copied from ex-forum, with new info) Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2008 8:26 pm

Oni wrote:
I really like your application , GM's from other Timezones is perfect Smile

I hope Dershil hopes the same and all the players.

There's a minor problem in this timezone switch I've left out, although dershil dosent seem to be bothered one bit.
Ask him if you want to know.
Back to top Go down
dershil
Admin
Admin
dershil

Character
Weapon: Claw & Stars
Health Points:
Savageheal's Application (Copied from ex-forum, with new info) Left_bar_bleue1337/1337Savageheal's Application (Copied from ex-forum, with new info) Empty_bar_bleue  (1337/1337)
Experience:
Savageheal's Application (Copied from ex-forum, with new info) Left_bar_bleue1/1Savageheal's Application (Copied from ex-forum, with new info) Empty_bar_bleue  (1/1)

PostSubject: Re: Savageheal's Application (Copied from ex-forum, with new info)   Savageheal's Application (Copied from ex-forum, with new info) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2008 9:56 pm

I'm in touch with Savage ALL the time on msn. He's a nice person.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dangerms.tk
Savageheal
Noob
Noob

PostSubject: Re: Savageheal's Application (Copied from ex-forum, with new info)   Savageheal's Application (Copied from ex-forum, with new info) Icon_minitimeSun Jun 22, 2008 9:11 am

I hope dangerms will come up soon, yeah.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Savageheal's Application (Copied from ex-forum, with new info)   Savageheal's Application (Copied from ex-forum, with new info) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Savageheal's Application (Copied from ex-forum, with new info)
Page 1 of 1